Tips for Glowing Wedding Skin
Everyone wants glowing skin for the walk down the aisle, but how do you achieve this? We have the inside scoop from the experts—when to schedule facials and treatments before the ‘I dos’ as well as beauty basics like how to tame breakouts fast. Keep scrolling for skincare habits guaranteed to give you that bridal glow.
- Assess Early
If you really want to get your skin in top form, it’s recommended that you start a smart skincare routine about a year in advance. It’s okay if you don’t have that long before the wedding day—just adopt these good skincare habits as soon as possible.
- Manage Excess Facial Oil
Professional products in combination with professional treatments your skin care specialist will helps you to get a good skin. As a general use a mild face wash and a lightweight oil-free moisturizer.
- Eat Super Foods
No matter what your skin type is—oily, dry, normal or a combo— it craves water. Sure, drinking water helps, but snacking on naturally hydrating foods like watermelon works too. Other super foods for your face? Try grapefruit, cucumbers, tomatoes and kale.
- Schedule Professional Treatments
Apart from deep cleansing certain peels helps to maintain the glow. Peels are designed to slough off dead skin and bring new, fresh skin to the surface. To make the most of these spa treatments, you’ll want to book a series of peels. Start with six different sessions, each two weeks apart (so skin has time to recover). If you have a full year until the wedding, Ojas recommends scheduling this treatment 3-4 times a year. If not as early as possible.
- “Shrink” Your Pores with Microdermabrasion
We want to give it to you straight, so first, the bad news: You can’t actually change the size of your pores. “The deeper a pore is, the bigger it looks on the skin’s surface,” The good news: You can minimize the depth of your pores to make them seem smaller. “Microdermabrasion, glycolic acid and other chemical peels will exfoliate layers of bad skin and minimize pore surface”.
- Use Salt Scrubs to Soften Elbows
This is the one thing most brides forget about. Add a bath to your weekly routine and throw in bath salts with sodium bicarbonate. “The sodium bicarbonate will break down dry patches and make your skin a sponge for moisture,” says Ojas. For really tough patches, ask an aesthetician to put a glycolic peel on your elbows when you go in for a facial
- Wear SPF 30…On the face& Lips
It’s easier to prevent your lips from getting chapped than it is to repair them if they’re already dry and cracked. If you spend lots of time outdoors, especially in windy, sunny or cold weather, a thick balm with SPF 30 will keep your lips hydrated.
Professional skin treatments:
- Acne and acne scars: acne prone skin with reddish scars needs control of acne with medication and targeted treatments like micro needling or MNRF or lasers resurfacing.
- Laser hair removal: Laser Hair Removal at Ojas with FDA approved machines gives excellent results. However planning before the wedding is most crucial .done before 3 months to 6 weeks before wedding is most ideal.
- Under Eye Darkness and tried eyes is a very common problem quick fix is using an under eye cream that light defuses which refelts lite to make eye look brighter. Permanent solution include an under eye peel or fillers.