Acne Scars are known to impact daily lives. At Ojas Aesthetic, we remove Acne Scars with non-invasive acne scarring and excess pigmentation treatment. Call us today on 9515106591
Acne is a skin condition that affects many teenagers and some older adults too. While many people recover from acne without any permanent effects, some people are left with disfiguring acne scars, which are treated with a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing.
There are a number of points that must be considered in the successful treatment of scars.
- Evaluation and treatment of persistent acne
- Evaluation of the acne scar type
- Evaluation of behavior contributing to the worsening of the scar
- Regular skin care program to improve the scars
- Acne scar treatments
Book An Appointment
You are at the right spot.
Evaluation and treatment of persistent acne
Often, patients consult for treatment of their acne scars even though they still have active acne lesions. It is strongly recommended that the active acne must firstly be totally treated to avoid causing additional scars; and hence, any treatment directed at the older scars will provide limited aesthetic improvement.
Evaluation of the acne scar type
Most often patients have more than one type of scar but it is very helpful in diagnosing which scars are present to help guide the most appropriate treatment.
Evaluation of behavior contributing to the worsening of the scar
Most patients notice that their acne scars worsen with age. This occurs because collagen which supports the skin tends to decrease in amount due to aging. There are personal activities relating to excessive sun exposure, smoking and the lack of use of collagen producing creams that can cause for a decrease in collagen and thus scar worsening. Regular skin care program to improve the scars This program includes cessation of smoking, limiting sun exposure and the use of the best sunscreens and starting on a prescription medical grade cream to promote collagen production
Ojas Aesthetic Institute has performed many successful Acne Scar Treatment procedures under strict Medical Supervision providing excellent results.
Acne scar treatments
The acne scar treatments will be chosen based largely on the type of the acne scars.
- Subcision involves the insertion of a needle underneath the skin to release any fibers that can be pulling the skin down.
- Non ablative fractionated resurfacing (NAFR) involves three to five sessions with 24-72 hour post treatment redness and swelling that can be covered with makeup. It is recommended to wait six months after the last treatment to appreciate the final result and to decide whether to perform additional treatments.
- Ablative fractionated resurfacing (AFR) involves 1-3 sessions and is associated with 4-6 days of downtime when most patients limit their outside the home interactions and cannot apply makeup. Continued improvement is seen for at least six months after the last session.
For best results, it is advisable to have the skin without any tan. It is imperative that the Medical Cosmetologists set the right kind of expectations for their patients in achieving realistic results. Ojas Aesthetic Institute has performed many successful Acne Scar Treatment procedures under strict Medical Supervision providing excellent results.
For more images visit our gallery