Buttock augmentation is a procedure that reshapes and enhances your gluteal area, providing you with an uplifted and shapelier buttock profile. In the past ten years, this procedure has become increasingly popular worldwide, with shapely buttocks often seen as a symbol of femininity and sensuality. The most frequent methods for enlarging and reshaping your buttocks are fat grafting using your own natural fatty tissue (popularly known as the Brazilian butt lift), or with buttock implants.
When to Consider Buttock Augmentation
- If your buttocks are too small for your body frame and you want a more balanced look
- If your buttock shape is too flat or square and you would like more curves and a more youthful appearance
- If weight loss or the aging process has left your buttocks loose, sagging, or flat
- If clothes and swimwear do not fit properly on your figure
- Clothes and swimwear will fit better.
- Your body will appear more shapely and proportionate.
- Your buttocks will be firmer, rounder, and uplifted, creating a more youthful and curvaceous appearance.
- It is possible for implants to slip postoperatively or for some of the fat to be reabsorbed, causing asymmetry.
- If you are very slender and want significant augmentation, you may need implants to achieve the size that you desire.
- Because of postoperative swelling, it may take three to six months before the full effect of this surgery is evident.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering buttock augmentation. If you wish to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Book An Appointment
You are at the right spot.
Am I a good candidate for buttock augmentation?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider buttock augmentation:
- Your buttocks are too small for your body frame and you want a more balanced look.
- Weight loss or the aging process has left your buttocks loose, sagging, or flat.
- Clothes or swimwear are baggy or do not fit properly on your figure.
- The shape or size of your buttocks makes you feel self-conscious and you desire more curves. If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Under normal circumstances, the results of your buttock augmentation surgery will be long- lasting. After a successful fat transfer buttock augmentation, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body, this fat will grow and age with you. If you have implants placed, these devices do not need to be removed unless you develop a late complication.
Although the procedure improves the shape and contour of your buttocks, you should make necessary lifestyle changes to maintain the appearance of your new shape. A healthy diet and the exercise regimen can be incorporated into your daily routine to maintain your look. Maintain a relationship with your aesthetic plastic surgeon
For safety, as well as the most beautiful and healthy outcome, it’s important to return to your plastic surgeon’s office for follow-up evaluation at prescribed times and whenever you notice any changes in your buttocks. Do not hesitate to contact your surgeon when you have any questions or concerns.